We are hiring! Following is the job description for the open position at your South Bend Civic Theatre, Technical Director:
Technical Director (full time, salaried)
Responsibilities: Managing the technical operations of the South Bend Civic Theatre including our historic building and two performance spaces – the 207-seat proscenium Wilson Mainstage Theatre and the 80-seat black box Warner Studio Theatre. Excellent organizational, time-management, and interpersonal skills are required. The ideal candidate should have a working knowledge of stage lighting, sound, projection, and set design; carpentry and construction techniques; computerized lighting systems; HVAC maintenance; volunteer mentorship and training; workplace safety; and procedure development.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Oversee set construction for all productions: 2018 features seven (7) on the mainstage, and six (6) in the studio
• Build and/or source all production elements including but not limited to scenery, lighting, sound and props
• Monitor, maintain, and safeguard all lighting, sound, projection, and HVAC equipment (including the scheduling of repairs)
• Supervise and instruct volunteer designers, technicians, carpenters, and backstage volunteers
• Develop an apprentice program in stagecraft skills and safety
• Manage technical rehearsals for every production and event
• Provide general IT support for computers and networks inside the building
• Research, recommend, and install new equipment and systems.
• Direct all production teams on the technical specifications, costs, and usage of equipment
• Insure a culture of safety with all staff and volunteers
• Assist with the preparation and control of production budgets
• Follow policies and procedures as prescribed
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Maintain irregular and extended working hours
• Lift objects up to 50 pounds using appropriate tools
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to SBCT Executive Director Aaron Nichols at email@example.com; include ‘Technical Director' in the subject line. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.