South Bend Civic Theatre’s Education Academy
We created the Academy to train students entering 2nd through 12th grade to fully immerse and train the next generation of well-rounded actors. We provide in-depth classes in a variety of theatre performing arts, each taught by a variety of instructors ranging from working professionals to award-winning educators. SBCTEA students train in theatre for 24 weeks, one-three days a week. The SBCT faculty works together to develop an integrated curriculum teaching classes in a variety of subjects:
- Movement for the Actor
- Voice for the Actor
- Singing for the Theatre
- Dance for the Theatre
- Scene Study and Auditioning
- Jr. Academy (2nd-5th Grade)
- Academy (6th-12th Grade) *5th Grader by recommendation from faculty only
- Company (8th-12th Grade) *Acceptance into the company is based on their audition and prerequisites
- Weekdays- First United Methodist Church (201 E 3rd St. Mishawaka, IN 46544)
- Weekends- South Bend Civic Theatre (403 N. Main St. South Bend, IN 46601)
To join SBCTEA a placement audition is required. Your audition helps the faculty to place you in the classes in which will help you grow the most. Please call us at 574-234-1112 to schedule an audition.
- 2 (12 Week) Academy Acting Classes.
- 2 (6 Week) Elective Theatre Classes.
- Participation in the Fall & Spring Showcase
- One-on-one parent/student conference with faculty member.
Audition Location: South Bend Civic Theatre (403 N. Main St. South Bend, IN 46601)
Audition Requirements: For a breakdown of audition requirements click here.