What is the education contact phone number?
Do I have to pay now? Can I set up a payment plan?
All Academy classes require a 50% down payment in full prior to the first class session. Automatic payments can be schedule for the first business day of each month.
Non-Academy classes require payment in full prior to the first class session.
Need-based scholarships are available to families who would not otherwise be able to participate in our classes. An application is required; our criteria are based on the guidelines established by the South Bend Community School Corporations' free and reduced-price lunch program. For information on financial aid deadlines and to download a financial aid application click here.
Will there be a performance at the end of the class?
South Bend Civic Theatre values the idea of process over production in our classes and so to make sure the students have the most time learning the skills we minimize the final “performance” to a demonstration. For most of our classes, the final class of each session has 30 minutes set aside at the end for family and friends to observe what the students have learned. This is not a performance or production, but rather an opportunity to get a better sense of what the students experienced throughout the session.
What happens if I want to cancel my registration into a class?
· If you cancel your registration after it has been processed, but at least two weeks before the class begins, we will refund tuition, less a $25 registration fee per class; a $50 fee for full-day classes and camps; and a $100 fee for Academy Programs.
· If you cancel your registration less than two weeks before the class starts, no refund will be given. Any tuition paid for the cancelled class, minus the registration fee, becomes a credit, which you may use towards future classes or camps which must be used through the end of the current season.
· SBCT reserves the right to cancel a class if enrollment is insufficient. Any tuition paid will be refunded in full.
· No refund or make-up classes will be provided for classes cancelled due to inclement weather.
· SBCT classes may not be cancelled on days that area schools are closed due to weather conditions. Please keep an eye on our website as well as our Facebook page for any weather updates. You may also refer to our Bad Weather Guide by clicking here.
My student has done a lot of theatre with school and other programs, but this is our first SBCT session. Is my student eligible to audition for the company?
If there is room in the company, your student may bypass the pre-requisite and set up a placement audition with the Director of Education. For more student audition information, please click here.
If my student is involved in the Academy or Company does it gurantee casting in SBCT productions?
Casting is based solely on talent and requirments laid out by each individual director. Being involved in the academy will equip your students with the tools to help them perform well at an audition but does not guarantee casting. The Company has specific performance opportunities that are only cast from members within that season's company.
Will my student be excused from their Academy Acting Class to partake in school or other theatrical productions?
Yes! We value and encourage our students to work with as many programs and directors as possible to become a well-rounded performer. In order to not overwhelm the student's workload they may be excused from their acting class obligation in order to particpate in a production. The student will be asked to provide their director with an evaluation/comment form in order to track the student's progress during their time away.
Will I have to pay to see my student's performance?
Our typical classes do not end in a performance but rather a demonstration that is free to the public to view. Other types of classes/camps that are connected to a full performance will be a ticketed event in which audience members will pay $5-10 a seat. All proceeds from ticket sales go directly to our scholarship fund or to underwrite the cost of producing the play.