Why Should I Enroll my Child
in a Theater Class?
Theater education has the power to make a huge impact towards the development of a child. Beginning at a very young age, theater encourages non-judgmental play, allowing a safe space to explore young imaginations
The Civic’s Jr. Academy is specifically designed for students in grades 2 through 5 who have expressed an interest in performance and are willing to fully engage in the arts.
- Encourages children to become self-aware
- Teaches children responsibility and time management.
- Promotes literacy and improves basic communication skills.
- Instills the habits of being a positive team player.
- Gives students a safe place where they are free to be themselves.
- Increases self-confidence and and skills to work through self-doubt.
- Provides a fun atmosphere where struggling students are positively reinforced and encouraged to make, and learn from, their mistakes.