Why Should I Enroll my Child
in a Theater Class?
Theater education has the power to make a huge impact towards the development of a child. Beginning at a very young age, theater encourages non-judgmental play, allowing a safe space to explore young imaginations
The Civic’s Jr. Academy is specifically designed for students in grades 2 through 8 who have expressed an interest in performance and are willing to fully engage in the arts. Students can enroll in individual academy classes or join the Civic Jr. Company for complete artistic training in the arts.
- Encourages children to become self-aware
- Teaches children responsibility and time management.
- Promotes literacy and improves basic communication skills.
- Instills the habits of being a positive team player.
- Gives students a safe place where they are free to be themselves.
- Increases self-confidence and and skills to work through self-doubt.
- Provides a fun atmosphere where struggling students are positively reinforced and encouraged to make, and learn from, their mistakes.
Session 3 | Jan 14 - Feb 14
Session 4 | Feb 25 - Mar 28
Session 5 | Apr 15 - May 16