Are you an aspiring playwright? A writer who has never taken on this genre? Someone who just wants to take a stab at putting pen to paper? We are now accepting submissions for South Bend Civic Theatre’s 10 Minute Virtual Play Festival!
Finalists from a youth category and adult category will be selected by a panel of local judges to be performed in a live virtual reading on August 31st.
If you are interested in participating, please read the playwriting guidelines below. We are accepting submissions through Friday, August 14th at 5 PM.
Guidelines for 10 Minute Play Submissions:
- Plays should be inspired in some way by the attached image (credit: William Loring)...does not have to be taken literally!
- Submissions welcome from anyone! (not specific to location or SBCT affiliation; all ages...there will be an under 18 and adult category)
- 1 submission per playwright
- Play should run between 8 minutes and 15 minutes in length
- Cast should have 5 or fewer characters
- Play should not have been previously published or produced
- Submission should include cover page with title, playwright name, and contact information
- Performance/casting of plays will depend on available actors...there may be, for instance, genderbending, double casting, etc.
- You may submit to be an actor or director if also submitting a play, but you may not be one of the judges
- Judges will narrow down to 5 adult and 5 youth plays for a reading on August 31st, top 3 of each category will be presented live in the spring
- Email submissions as a PDF to email@example.com by 5 PM on Friday, August 14th
All questions can be directed to organizer Grace Lazarz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy writing, and don’t forget to share this with all of your writer friends!
Posted on November 30, -0001