Title of Show: Lonesome West
Synopsis: 2 brothers + 1 inheritance = lots of misbehaving. In this dark Irish comedy written by the Academy Award winning writer/director Martin McDonagh, two brothers in rural Ireland squabble over the inheritance left by their recently deceased father. Also, there’s a rumor about town that one of them may have murdered the father over a haircut-related insult. The local parish priest and a young girl from the community, also their bootleg whiskey supplier, attempt to keep the brothers from quarreling with hilarious results. (This fully-staged production will be presented along with several staged readings of McDonagh’s connected plays.)
Director: Aaron Nichols
Ages Called: 10 and above
Sunday, February 27 (12:00PM-4:00PM) @ SBCT
- First Rehearsal: Monday, April 2, 2022
- Rehearsals are Sunday – Thursdays, 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Tech Week starts May 7th.
- Friday, May 13, 2022 @7:30pm
- Saturday, May 14, 2022 @7:30pm
- Sunday, May 15, 2022 @2:00pm
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022 @7:30pm
- Thursday, May 19, 2022 @7:30pm
- Friday, May 20, 2022 @7:30pm
- Saturday, May 21 @7:30pm
- Sunday, May 22, 2022 @2:00pm
- Coleman Connor: younger brother to Valene, 40 – 55, thieving, idiotic, gluttonous.
- Valene Connor: Older Brother to Coleman, 45 – 55, pious, fussy, obsessive
- Father Welsh: 30 – 40, alcoholic parish priest, dignified, distraught but earnest
- Girleen: Teenage delivery girl, not as tough as she seems, cares for all three men
- Will be auditioning alongside Noises Off. Auditioners will be able to be seen for both shows, but will not be cast in both shows as the rehearsals and performances overlap.
- CALLBACKS: TBA if needed
Your CIVIC’s COVID-19 Response
**These rules will be revised as needed, responding to current health conditions.**
SBCT requires ALL PARTICIPANTS, ages 5 and up be fully vaccinated by the opening of the show, March 21, 2022. All participants MUST have at least 1 (one) vaccine shot by the start of rehearsals on January 24, 2022.
What we will do to keep our students safe…
*The theatre, classroom, & rehearsal spaces are sanitized nightly and between all uses.
*All restrooms will be sanitized prior to rehearsals, following bathroom breaks, and at the end.
*Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the building and inside the rehearsal spaces.
*All Students & Staff, regardless of vaccination status, will wear face masks during the rehearsal process.
*If any Student exhibits COVID symptoms or is exposed to COVID, they must provide the theatre with a negative COVID test before being allowed to return.
*If a Student tests positive for COVID, they are required to immediately alert the theatre, so that contact tracing may be conducted.
*CIVIC contact tracing will require all exposed Students and/or Staff to be tested. If additional positive tests are discovered, then measures will be taken to ensure the safety of all, up to and including, the cancellation of classes/rehearsals/production.